1.26.2009

Hibernation is Over


SO there have been a few distractions to say the least but I am back.  At least for the time being.  I just finished a couple of freelance jobs which means I now have more time to work on my portfolio.  Which I have a goal to do 8 new pieces to put in a new portfolio to send out before April.  So this drawing is apparently Dorothy and the cowardly lion from the Wizard of Oz.  Toto is there too.  I'm gonna paint it, but thought I'd post the sketch first.  Process wahoo!

OH I also wont the art contest with my Andrew Bird painting :)  His new album is lovely and I encourage all to go pick it up.  I am going to Boston this weekend to see him live in fact.

That's all for the moment. Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

robyn hyzy said...

I love Dorothy! She is adorable. After I saw this post, I wanted to go and do a 'Wizard of Oz' painting too!

Have fun seeing Andrew Bird! I met his aunt down in Sarasota.

Unknown said...

Neesha-

this drawing is so awesome...on so many levels.

-Megan

Craig Phillips said...

This is great! I love Dorothy.