10.24.2014

Newborn (a personal post)


Elijah Fox Hudson was born 10/10/14. Having a baby is such a singular experience. This time was completely different from our first. I was a lot more in tune to what was going on and listened to my body (and the midwife) for the right cues. The awareness that an epidural was on the way is what got me through most of it, and then when the epidural didn't completely take (thank you quick labor) I relied on the midwife and my husband to encourage me. I had an amazing team and couldn't have gotten through it without them! 

Going through labor and experiencing the pain, movement, and fear, created such a strong positive emotion when I finally delivered Eli. Something I really feel the epidural blocked with my first. The euphoria continued while at the hospital, and even now that we are home and life has become hectic again, I feel it every time I look at him. Connected to my baby by the things we shared and the hard work it took to get him here.

No comments: